When listing a property, I have a set process to make sure that your property is listed and advertised correctly to maximize public and agent interest.
After we sign paperwork, take pictures and measurements of your property this is what will happen:
- Lockbox installed (make sure you have an extra key available.)
- “Just Listed” sign placed on your lawn if possible.
- Place a sign on your side or back fence or window if applicable.
- Lawn sign ordered. Usually the sign will be up in 2-5 business days.
- Perform a title search and examine it for areas of concern and inform you of any.
- Upload your listing to REALTOR.ca complete with photos. Note: it can take 24 hours for your listing to appear on the public site, but REALTOR’s will be able to see the listing immediately.
- Send you a link to your listing for your approval.
- Set up the market search for comparable listings to your house and your area so you can keep an eye on the market.
- Prepare attractive accurate feature sheets to be kept in your house for showing agents and their clients to use.
- Your listing will automatically go onto the RE/MAX web-site and mobile site, lead street, global RE/MAX and RE/MAX Japan and China as well as WorldProperties.com
- Your listing will automatically go onto my webpage www.ryanwoodrealestate.ca
- Post your listing on Facebook and Instagram @ryansells247
- Advertise your listing in CREB Now - our board’s weekly paper.
- Book for the next available REALTOR’s tour. It happens only once, usually on the first Tuesday.
- Book showings in the manner that best works for you.
- Feedback. An email is sent out to the showing agent with a series of questions. The request gets emailed shortly after the showing and will be sent 3 times if not completed by the showing agent. If they do not reply we cannot force them to so, we stop at 3 requests
- Updates- We will tailor our update schedule around what works best for you. However, we find that every 2 weeks to be a healthy schedule for contact.
- Offers will be presented as soon as possible and we will review and discuss options/negotiations.
- Once offer is excepted, we will co-ordinate all paperwork with buyer’s agent.
- Monitor condition dates and make sure buyer’s agent is moving forward appropriately.
- Schedule any inspections with you such as home inspection and appraisals.
- Once conditions are removed, I will then put on a sold sign and remove Lock Box. We will keep the key so that we can turn it over to the buyer’s agent on possession date.
- Once you have chosen a lawyer, we will make sure all necessary paperwork is prepared and sent to them and the buyer’s lawyer. They will advise you on how their systems work from there.
- On possession date we will contact you once we have heard from your lawyer saying that keys are releasable. The standard contract will typically call for a 24 hour walk through prior to possession, and a noon possession so you must be gone by that time on possession day.
While process is key, I will maintain a running dialogue with you to keep you informed as best I can. One of the reasons you hire a Real Estate Professional is our ability to take emotions out of the process. This is a business transaction and we must handle it this way. With that we will leave emotions at the door and give you my ideas and opinions based on facts and my experience. I understand that selling your house can be a very stressful time. I promise that I am here to find solutions not dwell on issues when they arise.